Today I’m going to share with you some of the exciting Azure hybrid, multicloud, and edge news from Microsoft Ignite 2023, the annual conference for developers and IT professionals. Microsoft has announced some amazing updates and innovations for its hybrid and edge solutions, which enable you to run your applications and services across different environments, from the cloud to the edge. We also introduce the adaptive cloud aproach. This includes solutions such as Azure Arc, Azure Stack HCI, AKS Hybrid, Azure IoT Operations, and more!
Advancing hybrid cloud to adaptive cloud with Azure
The adaptive cloud approach unifies siloed teams, distributed sites, and sprawling systems into a single operations, security, application, and data model, enabling organizations to leverage cloud-native and AI technologies to work simultaneously across hybrid, multicloud, edge, and IoT.
- Advancing hybrid cloud to adaptive cloud with Azure | Microsoft Azure Blog
- Microsoft Azure delivers purpose-built cloud infrastructure in the era of AI
One of the highlights of the event was Azure Arc, the service that allows you to manage and govern your resources across multiple clouds, datacenters, and edge devices. Azure Arc now supports more types of resources, such as Kubernetes clusters, SQL servers, and virtual machines. You can also use Azure Arc to deploy and update applications using GitOps, a methodology that automates the delivery of code changes from a Git repository to a target environment.
- Bring Azure to your VMware environment: Announcing GA of VMware vSphere enabled by Azure Arc
- Bring Azure to your System Center environment: Announcing GA of SCVMM enabled by Azure Arc
- Announcing Preview of Azure AI Video Indexer Cloud-to-Edge Version
- Announcing Arc Jumpstart vNext
- Bringing Cloud Operations & Management innovations anywhere!
- The Bridge – How Azure Arc brings cloud innovation to SQL Server anywhere
Azure Stack HCI and AKS hybrid
Another product you should pay attention to, is Azure Stack HCI, the hyperconverged infrastructure solution that lets you run virtualized workloads on-premises with direct access to Azure services. Azure Stack HCI has been updated with new features and capabilities, such as improved performance, security, and scalability. You can also use Azure Stack HCI to extend your datacenter to the edge, where you can run low-latency and high-throughput applications close to your users and devices.
- Microsoft recognized as a Leader in 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Distributed Hybrid Infrastructure | Microsoft Azure Blog
- Accelerate edge deployments with cloud-managed infrastructure and Azure Stack HCI version 23H2
- Host pool provisioning now supported in Azure Virtual Desktop for Azure Stack HCI preview
Azure IoT Operations
Last but not least, Azure IoT Operations, the new service that simplifies the management and monitoring of your IoT devices and solutions. Azure IoT Operations provides a unified dashboard where you can see the status, health, and performance of your IoT devices, as well as troubleshoot issues and apply updates. You can also use Azure IoT Operations to integrate your IoT data with other Azure services, such as Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Machine Learning, and Azure Cognitive Services.
Windows Server & Windows Admin Center
Windows Server is the platform for building an infrastructure of connected applications, networks, and web services, from the workgroup to the data center. It bridges on-premises environments with Azure, adding additional layers of security while helping you modernize your applications and infrastructure.
- What’s New in Windows Server v.Next (microsoft.com)
- Windows Admin Center version 2311 is now in Public Preview!
These are just some of the amazing Azure hybrid, multicloud, and edge announcements from Microsoft Ignite 2023. If you want to learn more about Microsoft’s hybrid and edge offerings, you can watch the sessions on demand or check out the official blog posts. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful. Stay tuned for more updates and insights. Thanks for reading!Tags: adaptive cloud, AKS, AKS Hybrid, Azure, Azure Arc, Azure Stack, Azure Stack HCI, Cloud, Edge, Hybrid Cloud, Hybrid Cloud Management, IoT, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Ignite, System Center, Virtualization, Windows, Windows Server Last modified: November 21, 2023